Based in Kaunas, Lithuania
7 Nov, 2020
The main concept of the game was taken from a laboratory facilities of University chemistry faculty. With additional features, these facilities have been turned into a gamified Virtual Reality “Escape room” type experience which is based on real chemical experiments. The main goal of the game is to escape the laboratory in a certain amount of time. Inside the virtual world, the player has to look for clues and perform chemical experiments to progress further ahead. At the current state of the game, there are three different kind of experiments that could be experienced. After completing a required experiment or another task, the player is awarded a part of a three-digit code. After collecting all the required parts of the code, the player is able to type in the code and finish the level. To make the experience even more immersive and simulative, the world is developed as a fully interactive one, meaning that there are possibilities to interact with almost every object in the level.
Development on Escape the Lab was started in early 2019’s by a small team of University students. It was initially intended to be a small project for a Student organization which was mostly based on chemistry, but thanks to the attention and feedback it got, the developers got motivated to develop the game even further and create something better, or at least an Educational VR title, that could be accessible to almost anyone.
- Three different types of experiments to perform;
- Fully interactive Virtual World – interact with almost every object that is inside the game;
- Possibility to mix various liquids to perform chemical reactions;
- Sandbox approach - interact with almost every object in the game;
- Competition with other players in the local or global leaderboards;
- Support for various Virtual Reality devices (Oculus rift, Oculus rift S, HTC vive, HTC vive pro, Valve Index, Windows mixed reality);
- Find all of the hidden secrets and collect the achievements;
Review Video YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Technorama" International Exhibition of Inventions by Young Researchers R1 prize award, 9 th May 2019
- "GameOn" Presentation at LT Game awards, 17 th November 2019
- "Other events" Presentations at conventions (“GameON 2019”, “University Fair”) 2019 – 2020
Read more about development progress /blogs.
More Photos /gallery.
About Moonleaf Studio
A small group of Lithuanian video game developers who are dedicated to creating immersive and interactive experiences for various platforms, but currently focused on Virtual Reality development..
Escape The Lab Credits
Game Developer, Web Developer
Game Designer, Developer
Narrative Designer, Artist